1. Ordinarily the cell operates in an orderly fashion under : 1361689.
1. Ordinarily the cell operates in an orderly fashion under the influence of the
a. genetic code.
b. outside environment.
c. endoplasmic reticulum.
d. nutrients taken into the cell.
2. The point at which a mutagen causes irreversible damage to DNA is referred to as
3. Factors associated with the development of cancer include
a. processed foods.
b. radiation exposure.
c. food-borne disease.
d. diabetes mellitus.
4. The capacity of the immune system is compromised by
a. increased metabolism of water-soluble vitamins.
b. increased metabolism caused by emotional stress.
c. severe malnutrition with atrophy of organs and tissues.
d. increased hormonal levels associated with stress.
5. The cellular component of the immune system that is derived from the thymus is the
a. T cell.
6. The cells responsible for synthesis and secretion of antibodies are the
b. T cells.
7. The nutrient primarily responsible for maintaining tissue integrity and immunocompetence is/are
8. Cancer therapy that uses radioactive isotopes is
9. Which of the following describes a disadvantage of abdominal radiation?
a. The structure and function of the bowel may be adversely affected.
b. The radiation can be dispersed to all the abdominal organs once it passes into the cavity.
c. It is hard to pinpoint the precise area to target the radiation.
d. There are no disadvantages.
10. Patients who receive chemotherapeutic drugs often develop
d. abnormal heart rhythms.