1. Promoting a health care service that improves diabetes management : 1361620.
1. Promoting a health care service that improves diabetes management for the elderly in a community would assist in which of the following?
a. supporting the National Health Goals-Healthy People 2020
b. reducing world hunger in the United States and Asia
c. improving Medicare reimbursement claims
d. providing access to child care services for children
2. A patient requires a nutrition assessment. The most appropriate professional to perform the assessment is a
c. public health nutritionist.
d. registered dietitian.
3. The sum of all body processes inside living cells that sustain life and health is
4. The nutrients that provide the body with its primary source of fuel for energy are
5. Which of the following is the most accurate statement regarding the functions of protein?
a. Proteins can be a primary fuel source even if there is adequate carbohydrate intake.
b. Proteins are a necessary nutrient to provide energy for the body in times of stress.
c. Proteins can be used as coenzyme factors during cell metabolism.
d. Proteins are essential to tissue building and repair within the body.
6. A 65-year-old man requires 2000 kcal/day without any specific fat or carbohydrate requirements. The approximate number of kilocalories per day from fat his diet should provide is _____ kcal/day.
a. 400 to 700
b. 100 to 300
c. 500 to 800
d. 900 to 1200
7. The body’s main storage form of carbohydrate is
8. The number of kilocalories provided by one slice of bread that contains 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, and 1 g fat is _____ kcal.
30 g carbohydrate ´ 4 kcal/g = 120 kcal
3 g protein ´ 4 kcal/g = 12 kcal
1 g fat ´ 9 kcal/g = 9 kcal
9. The number of kilocalories from fat in a sandwich that contains 22 g fat is _____ kcal.
10. The number of kilocalories from protein in a sandwich that contains 15 g protein is _____ kcal.