1. Proteins built from simpler organic compounds called
a. indispensable amino : 1361629.
1. Proteins are built from simpler organic compounds called
a. indispensable amino acids.
b. amino acids.
c. fatty acids.
2. The element that is contained in proteins but not in carbohydrates or lipids is
3. Two types of protein in the body are _____ protein and _____ protein.
a. complete, incomplete
b. animal, vegetable
c. dispensable, indispensable
d. tissue, plasma
4. The number of amino acids that are indispensable for human beings is
5. In the diet, the greatest proportion of indispensable amino acids is provided by
a. black beans.
c. safflower oil.
6. A protein that contains all indispensable amino acids in the correct proportion and ratio is called
7. The number of kilocalories from protein in a sandwich that contains 24 g protein is _____ kcal.
8. An animal protein that has relatively little value as a dietary protein source when eaten alone is
9. Proteins from plant sources that are classified as incomplete include
a. wheat, peanuts, and corn.
b. milk, nuts, and cheese.
c. oats, gelatin, and soybeans.
d. corn, chicken, and milk.
10. An example of a protein-free body substance is