1) The location of genetic information chromosomes had been established : 1380807.
1) The location of genetic information on chromosomes had been established beyond any doubt by:
2) Which of these individuals are credited with the discovery of the structure of DNA?
A) Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkins
B) Gregor Mendel and T.H. Morgan
C) James Watson and Francis Crick
D) Louis Pasteur
3) Watson and Crick’s model of the structure of DNA was published in:
4) Which information was determined about DNA based on X-ray diffraction data?
A) Each gene encodes one enzyme.
B) There are four different bases on the nucleotides.
C) Point mutations change a single location in the genome.
D) DNA has a helical structure.
E) Chromosomes are made of DNA.
5) How are X rays used in the technique of X-ray diffraction?
A) The scattering of X rays by a purified form of a molecule reveals its structure.
B) DNA strands are separated by X-ray energy, revealing the order of bases.
C) Cells are broken open to release chromosomes by being bombarded with X rays.
D) The X rays are used to mutate DNA to determine the location of genes.
E) Enzymes are destroyed by X rays, revealing the order of steps in metabolism.
6) It was primarily the X-ray diffraction work on DNA done by ________ that allowed Watson and Crick to deduce the structure of DNA.
A) Louis Pasteur
B) Gregor Mendel
C) Rosalind Franklin
D) T.H. Morgan
7) Watson and Crick discovered:
A) the structure of DNA.
B) that DNA is the genetic material.
C) X-ray crystallography.
D) that genetic information resides on chromosomes.
8) Why are the strands of DNA said to be complementary to each other?
A) The sugar-phosphate chains are running in opposite directions.
B) The sugar-phosphate chains of each strand are identical.
C) Both strands can have any of four possible bases attached.
D) All the bases of one strand are paired up with their complementary bases on the other strand.
9) Which of the following is not a component of DNA nucleotides?
B) a phosphate group
10) How is the information that specifies a protein stored in DNA?
A) in the arrangement of the sugar-phosphate chain
B) in the types of chemical bonds holding bases together
C) in the sequence of bases
D) in the orientation of the double strands
1) The location of genetic information chromosomes had been established : 1380807