1. The lower esophageal sphincter muscle controls entry of food : 1361673.
1. The lower esophageal sphincter muscle controls entry of food into the
c. small intestine.
2. The term used to describe difficulty in swallowing is
3. Many people who have gastroesophageal reflux are
4. A resident who has Parkinson’s disease and resides in a long-term care facility has recurring pneumonia and coughs while eating. This may be evidence of
5. Small outpouchings in the lower gastrointestinal tract are called
d. epiploic appendages.
6. An eroded mucosal area in the central portion of the gastrointestinal tract describes a
a. hiatal hernia.
c. peptic ulcer.
d. Crohn’s lesion.
7. Most ulcers occur in the
c. duodenal bulb.
8. A food that should be omitted from the diet of a patient with peptic ulcer disease is
a. black pepper.
b. apple juice.
9. Which of the following describes general nutrition guidelines for a patient with a peptic ulcer?
a. General, well-balanced diet as tolerated
b. High-protein, low-fiber diet with no seasonings
c. High-protein diet and regularly scheduled meals
d. Low-fiber diet with no seasonings and no milk or cream
10. A food that appears to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome is
a. white bread with butter
b. peanut butter pretzels
c. sesame seed crackers
d. whole grain wheat toast
1. The lower esophageal sphincter muscle controls entry of food : 1361673