1. The microscopic functional units of the kidney called
b. : 1361683.
1. The microscopic functional units of the kidney are called
d. loops of Henle.
2. The structure responsible for filtering the blood is the
a. loop of Henle.
b. proximal tubule.
c. distal tubule.
3. Disease conditions that can interfere with normal nephron function include
a. obstruction and infection.
b. chronic caffeine intake.
c. chronic alcohol abuse.
4. Glomerulonephritis or nephritic syndrome is one of the causes of
a. stage 5 CKD or ESRD.
b. stage 1 CKD.
c. kidney stones.
d. heart failure.
5. Clinical symptoms associated with chronic kidney disease do not include
b. diabetes mellitus.
d. bone pain.
6. The presence of protein in the urine is called
7. Classic symptoms of acute glomerulonephritis include
8. Azotemia refers to elevated blood levels of
9. Nephrotic syndrome, or nephrosis, is a disease that
a. is caused by chronic hypertension.
b. allows large amounts of protein to escape into the tubule.
c. causes the buildup of toxic wastes in the blood.
d. results in the formation of kidney stones.
10. The massive edema of nephrotic syndrome is caused by
a. blockage in the nephron tubules.
b. excessive fluid intake.
c. large protein losses in the urine.
d. a diet too high in sodium.