1) The single characteristic that all animals have that other : 1380893.
1) The single characteristic that all animals have that other organisms don’t is that they:
A) possess the ability to change location.
B) are single celled.
C) possess sensory systems.
D) undergo a blastula stage in development.
E) are terrestrial.
2) Which of the following would be a valid characteristic of animals that may also be shared by other groups of organisms?
A) Some animals have cell walls.
B) All animals are multicellular.
C) Some animals are sessile their entire lives.
D) Some animals are photosynthetic.
E) All animals are relatively large.
3) The overwhelming majority of animals are:
4) The phylum of animals that does not show true tissues or symmetry is:
5) Which of the following animal phyla are most closely related?
A) Echinodermata and Chordata
B) Arthropoda and Annelida
C) Porifera and Cnidaria
D) Platyhelminthes and Nematoda
6) Which of the following is not an advantage of a body cavity?
A) It allows flexibility and safe storage of organs.
B) It allows for the storage of eggs or offspring.
C) It provides a safe place for an expandable digestive tract.
D) It provides for movement.
7) Bilateral symmetry refers to distribution of body parts:
A) randomly in pairs from top to bottom.
B) around a central axis.
C) similarly on right and left sides.
D) in pie-slice sections.
E) in no particular order.
8) Sponges, cnidarians, and flatworms all lack which characteristic found in most other animal groups?
B) a coelom
D) the blastula embryo
9) “Collar cells” perform what function for sponges?
A) create a current to pull water through pores
B) ingest food particles
C) help the sponge move through water
D) anchor the sponge to a base
E) produce a body cavity
10) Cnidarians typically obtain food by:
A) filter feeding.
B) stinging and pulling prey to the mouth with tentacles.
C) amoeboid-like engulfing of prey.
D) forming cooperative arrangements with photosynthetic organisms.