1) Which organisms accomplish most of the work of converting : 1380877.
1) Which organisms accomplish most of the work of converting atmospheric nitrogen into a form usable to green plants?
A) bacteria and archaea
2) The main decomposers on Earth are the:
A) viruses and protists.
B) plants and animals.
C) bacteria and fungi.
D) plants and fungi.
3) The material in the core of HIV (AIDS virus) is:
4) The viral capsid is:
A) a fatty membrane surrounding the virus.
B) the genetic material at the core.
C) a protein coat around the genetic material.
D) the viral offspring that rupture the cell and escape.
5) Which of the following is the best description of a virus?
A) A virus is the smallest living thing.
B) A virus is a life-form that can reproduce inside cells or independently.
C) A virus is a tiny spore-producing cell.
D) A virus is a noncellular, replicating entity.
6) The process by which viruses can exchange genetic sequences to come up with a “new” virus such as H1N1 is:
C) independent assortment.
7) The life cycle of viruses involves:
A) production of new virus particles on the outside of a cell.
B) reproducing on the surface of a cell.
C) filling the host cell with viral particles.
D) attaching viral DNA to the surface of a cell.
8) Which phrase most accurately describes the genome of most viruses?
A) surprisingly complex, with tens of thousands of genes
B) surprisingly complex, with around 1 million genes
C) the same as most bacteria, with hundreds of genes
D) relatively simple, with around a dozen genes or fewer
9) The human immunodeficiency virus targets:
A) lymph nodes.
B) all white blood cells.
C) helper T cells.
D) bone marrow cells.
10) A major difference between bacteria and eukaryotes is that bacteria have:
A) a rod-shaped nucleus.
B) no membrane-bound organelles.
C) faster mitosis as their method of sexual reproduction.
D) no ribosomes.
1) Which organisms accomplish most of the work of converting : 1380877