1) Normal pH of blood between 7.35 and 7.45.
2) : 1221249.
1) Normal pH of blood is between 7.35 and 7.45.
2) Blood plasma makes up the majority of the blood content.
3) The temperature of blood is slightly lower than body temperature.
4) Leukocytes are more numerous in blood than erythrocytes.
5) The amount of hemoglobin contained within a RBC determines its capability to transport oxygen.
6) An excessive or abnormal increase in the number of erythrocytes in blood is termed anemia.
7) Basophils are the most numerous type of leukocyte.
8) All formed elements arise from a common type of stem cell called a hemocytoblast.
9) Normal blood volume in healthy males is 5-6 liters.
10) Erythropoeitin is released to stimulate platelet production in response to inadequate amounts of oxygen in the blood.
11) Antigens are substances the body recognizes as foreign.
12) A phlebotomist collects and processes blood samples for laboratory analysis.
13) Blood type A can receive blood from blood types A and AB during a transfusion.
14) Rh-related problems occur in pregnant Rh– women carrying an Rh+ baby.
15) Universal donors can receive blood groups A, B, AB, and O.