101. In the cell-mediated immune response, T cells secrete ____, : 1380555.
101. In the cell-mediated immune response, T cells secrete ____, which activate additional components of the immune system.
102. Which is the proper order of events in cell-mediated immunity?
(1) cloning of cytotoxic T cells and memory T cells
(2) antigen presented to T lymphocyte
(3) activation of T lymphocytes
(4) cytotoxic T cells attack target cells
A. 2, 3, 4, 1
B. 1, 4, 2, 3
C. 2, 3, 1, 4
D. 3, 2, 4, 1
E. 1, 2, 3, 4,
103. Cytotoxic T cells
A. produce antibodies for general circulation.
B. attach to the surface of cells causing them to lyse.
C. cause precipitation of antigens.
D. have IgG antibodies on their cell membranes.
E. are destroyed after contact killing.
104. Cell-mediated immunity would be least effective against
A. tumor cells.
B. virally infected cells.
C. intracellular bacteria.
D. extracellular antigens.
E. intracellular parasites.
105. The intense inflammatory response seen in poison ivy is due to activity of the
A. cytotoxic T cells.
B. plasma cells.
C. delayed hypersensitivity cells.
E. mast cells.
106. Stimulating the proliferation of cytotoxic T cells to destroy cancer cells is an example of
D. passive artificial acquired immunity.
E. passive natural acquired immunity.
107. The HIV virus infects
A. B cells.
B. cytotoxic T cells.
C. suppressor T cells.
D. helper T cells.
108. The HIV virus can be transmitted
A. only from males to other males.
B. during unprotected sexual intercourse.
C. by coughing or sneezing.
D. by contact with people at work.
E. by hugging an infected child.
109. The most rapidly increasing group of AIDS patients is ____ who have had sexual contact with an infected person.
A. homosexual males
C. heterosexual males and females
D. homosexual females
E. bisexual males
110. Which of the following will increase your risk of contracting the HIV virus?
A. use of a condom during intercourse
B. heat treatment of clotting factors prior to transfusion
C. use of contaminated needles
D. reduction in the number of sexual partners