101. The follicular phase of the menstrual cycle characterized by : 1380666.
101. The follicular phase of the menstrual cycle is characterized by
B. rapid development of ovarian follicles.
C. formation of the corpus luteum.
D. high progesterone levels.
E. maturation of and secretion by uterine glands.
102. The menstrual cycle can be divided into three continuous phases. Starting from the first day of the cycle, their consecutive order is
A. menses, proliferative, secretory.
B. menses, secretory, proliferative.
C. secretory, menses, proliferative.
D. proliferative, menses, secretory.
E. secretory, proliferative, menses.
103. One hormone responsible for initiating the development of follicles is
104. The LH surge initiates
D. the second trimester of pregnancy.
E. follicle development.
105. Which of the following events in the menstrual cycle occur at the same time?
A. maximal LH secretion and menstruation (menstrual flow)
B. early follicular development in the ovaries and maximum thickening of the uterus
C. ovulation and menstruation (menstrual flow)
D. uterine wall begins to thicken and increased estrogen production by the follicles
E. proliferation and secretion
106. Shortly after ovulation,
A. the granulosa cells become corpus luteum cells.
B. estrogen increases but progesterone decreases.
C. the level of LH rises even more than before ovulation.
D. GnRH receptors upregulate.
E. corpus luteum degenerates.
107. The hypothalamic hormone that regulates both male and female reproductive cycles is
108. Which of the following events is caused by LH?
A. stimulation of theca interna cells to produce androgens
B. stimulation of granulosa cells to convert androgens to estradiol
C. increase LH receptors in granulosa cells
E. oxytocin is released
A. stimulates theca interna cells to produce androgens.
B. primarily effects granulosa cells.
C. increases progesterone production.
D. inhibits LH.
E. stimulates the uterus.
110. FSH can make the follicle cells more sensitive to LH by increasing
A. GnRH production.
B. GnRH receptors.
C. LH receptors.
D. theca cells.
E. estrogen receptors.
101. The follicular phase of the menstrual cycle characterized by : 1380666