101. The juxtaglomerular apparatus secretes A. renin. B. ADH. C. : 1380632.
101. The juxtaglomerular apparatus secretes
102. Renin converts
A. angiotensin I to angiotensin II.
B. angiotensin II to angiotensin I.
C. angiotensinogen to angiotensin I.
D. angiotensin II to angiotensin III.
E. angiotensinogen to angiotensin II.
103. The kidneys produce renin when
A. the urine becomes acidic.
B. the peritubular capillaries dilate.
C. the blood pressure in the afferent arteriole decreases.
D. sodium chloride concentration in the distal convoluted tubule increases.
E. the blood pressure in the afferent arteriole increases.
104. Angiotensin II
A. is a potent vasodilator.
B. stimulates aldosterone secretion.
C. is formed from angiotensin I by the action of renin.
D. acts on the collecting ducts to increase reabsorption of water.
E. decreases blood pressure.
105. Which of the following is NOT an action of angiotensin II?
A. vasoconstriction of arterioles
B. increases thirst
C. increases ADH secretion
D. decreases peripheral resistance
E. increases aldosterone secretion
106. Increased aldosterone causes increased
A. urine volume.
B. sodium secretion.
C. potassium secretion.
D. reabsorption of hydrogen ions.
E. filtrate formation.
107. Aldosterone targets cells in the
A. proximal convoluted tubule.
B. loop of Henle.
C. distal convoluted tubule.
E. collecting duct.
108. Aldosterone exerts its effect on the kidney tubules by
A. increasing tubular renin production.
B. increasing tubular permeability.
C. increasing osmosis into the tubule cells.
D. increasing the synthesis of the transport proteins for sodium.
E. decreasing tubular permeability.
109. Lasix is a diuretic that blocks the reabsorption of sodium in the ascending loop of Henle. The result of giving this drug would be
A. increased urine output.
B. decreased aldosterone production.
C. decreased osmolality of the filtrate.
D. increased osmolality of the urine.
E. decreased urine volume.
110. Consumption of alcohol increases urine production by
A. decreasing the blood pressure.
B. causing retention of sodium ions.
C. inhibiting the release of ADH from the posterior pituitary.
D. stimulating the release of aldosterone from the adrenals.
E. stimulating the release of ADH from the posterior pituitary.