101. Which of the following correctly matched? A. first stage : 1380685.
101. Which of the following is correctly matched?
A. first stage of labor – baby exits vagina
B. second stage of labor – ends with cervix dilation to maximum
C. third stage of labor – placenta expelled from uterus
102. Before parturition,
A. the placenta secretes increased amounts of oxytocin.
B. the uterus stretches, causing the release of ACTH from the adenohypophysis.
C. there is an increase in the stimulatory effects of progesterone on the uterine muscle.
D. prostaglandin synthesis is inhibited.
E. fetal glucocorticoids decrease the production of progesterone by the placenta.
103. Onset of labor may result from
A. increased estrogen secretion by the placenta.
B. increased glucocorticoid secretion by the mother.
C. increased secretion of oxytocin by the fetus.
D. increased progesterone secretion by the placenta.
E. decreased prostaglandins.
104. Which of the following conditions might result in stress on a fetus that has nearly completed 9 months of fetal development?
A. placental growth greater than fetal growth
B. cramped quarters in the uterus
C. increased O2 supply to the fetus
D. excessive weight gain by the mother
E. hormone fluctuations
105. Which of the following will cause contractions of uterine smooth muscle?
A. increasing levels of progesterone
B. decreasing levels of estrogen
C. decreasing levels of oxytocin
D. decreasing uterine stretch
E. increasing levels of oxytocin
106. When stretch receptors in the cervix are stimulated by the continually increasing pressure of the fetus, afferent neurons send impulses to the maternal hypothalamus resulting in
A. increased estrogen production.
B. increased oxytocin production.
C. increased fetal CRH production.
D. increased growth in the size of the placenta.
E. decreased oxytocin production.
107. Which of the following fetal shunts connects the umbilical vein with the inferior vena cava?
A. ductus arteriosus
B. umbilical vein
C. umbilical artery
D. ductus venosus
E. foramen ovale
108. In fetal circulation, the blood containing the highest amount of oxygen is found in the
B. umbilical vein.
C. ductus arteriosus.
D. umbilical arteries.
109. Which of the following fetal shunts bypasses the fetal lungs?
A. ductus arteriosus
B. ductus venosus
C. umbilical arteries
D. umbilical vein
E. ductus byosus
110. The closed foramen ovale becomes the _____ after birth.
A. fossa ovalis
B. ligamentum ovale
C. ligamentum venosum
D. ligamentum arteriosum
101. Which of the following correctly matched? A. first stage : 1380685