1) The fibrous pericardium superficial to the serous pericardium : 1221263.
1) The fibrous pericardium is superficial to the serous pericardium surrounding the heart.
2) The interatrial septum divides the two atria transversely.
3) The chordae tendineae anchor the semilunar valves to the walls of the ventricles.
4) The alternate name for the bicuspid valve is the mitral valve.
5) The semilunar valves prevent the backflow of blood into the atria when the ventricles are contracting.
6) Arteries always carry blood away from the heart.
7) The coronary sinus on the backside of the heart drains deoxygenated blood from the wall of the heart into the left atrium.
8) Blood drained from the heart after cardiac circulation returns to the left atrium of the heart.
9) The part of the intrinsic conduction system of the heart that directly supplies the walls of the ventricles is the Purkinje fibers.
10) The atrioventricular node starts each heart beat and is often called the pacemaker of the heart for that reason.
1) The fibrous pericardium superficial to the serous pericardium : 1221263