11. A method of determining a person’s basic eating habits : 1361671.
11. A method of determining a person’s basic eating habits is a
a. 24-hour food record.
c. diet history.
d. calorie count.
12. Nutrition care must be _____ centered care.
13. An oral diet can be modified by
a. energy value, temperature, or cooking method.
b. nutrient content, temperature, or spice content.
c. energy value, energy density, or texture.
d. nutrient content, energy value, or texture.
14. An example of an oral diet that has been modified is
a. low-residue diet.
b. regular diet.
c. high protein tube feeding.
d. parenteral nutrition.
15. Enteral feeding is administered through
a. the gastrointestinal tract.
b. the bowel.
c. an intravenous drip.
d. a syringe.
16. Many types of herbal remedies have the following property that can cause adverse interactions with other drugs:
17. The nurse must have a good understanding of nutrition principles because he or she
a. decides whether the food tray is appropriate for the patient.
b. knows the patient’s likes and dislikes.
c. must feed some patients.
d. interprets and supports the nutrition care plan.
18. The identification and labeling of an actual occurrence, risk of, or potential for developing a nutrition problem is referred to as the nutrition
19. A complete nutrition assessment should include gathering information about
a. use of over-the-counter supplements.
b. number of relatives living.
c. all medications taken 5 years ago.
d. clothing and shoe size.
20. One food that would be excluded from a liquid diet is
a. apple juice.
c. cottage cheese.
11. A method of determining a person’s basic eating habits : 1361671