11. According to research studies, which of the following foods : 1400737.
11. According to research studies, which of the following foods are the best for overall eye health?
D. dark green vegetables
12. Carotenoids and flavonoids are naturally occurring ________ that have beneficial effects on the body.
13. Which of the following do(es) not protect against cancer progression?
A. cruciferous vegetables
14. All of the following can contribute to cancer development except
A. consumption of energy-dense foods.
B. lack of physical activity.
C. consumption of foods of vegetable origin.
D. excess consumption of alcohol.
15. Fortified foods have enhanced nutrient content, but they can also be a hazard. How can this be true?
A. They may be better tasting.
B. Fortified foods can cause tooth decay.
C. They can displace other vitamin- or mineral-rich foods and increase energy consumption.
D. Vitamins and minerals from fortified foods will never be of the same value as those naturally occurring in foods.
16. Which of the following individuals will benefit from taking a supplement?
A. strict vegetarians and vegans
B. individuals with specific allergies
C. pregnant and lactating women
D. all of the above
17. Clarissa had been ill for the past couple of weeks and had not been eating well. She was concerned that she had perhaps missed several days’ worth of vitamin A. What can you say to Clarissa?
A. Vitamin A is stored in the body and does not need to be replenished daily.
B. It would be a good idea to double up on some vitamin A supplements.
C. It would be a good idea to include a couple of carrots with every meal for the next two weeks.
D. It would be best if Clarissa combined carrots along with the supplements to compensate for the loss.
18. Which of the following foods is a good source of provitamin A?
19. Accutane is an acne treatment medication that is based on which vitamin?
A. vitamin A
B. vitamin D
C. vitamin E
D. vitamin K
20. Which of the following is not a role of vitamin A in the body?
A. Vitamin A is required for cell division and cell differentiation.
B. Vitamin A is important for normal embryonic and fetal development.
C. Vitamin A is important in energy metabolism.
D. Vitamin A aids in building a good immune system.