11. Aerobic capacity related to
a. fitness of the heart and : 1361668.
11. Aerobic capacity is related to
a. fitness of the heart and lungs.
b. hydration status.
c. hormone levels.
d. environmental temperature and humidity.
12. The maximal attainable heart rate for a 30-year-old is _____ beats/min.
13. Aerobic capacity is expressed in terms of amount of _____ of body weight per minute.
a. water absorbed per kilogram
b. oxygen consumed per kilogram
c. oxygen consumed per pound
d. carbon dioxide produced per kilogram
14. A lower proportion of lean body mass to fat is associated with _____ fitness level.
c. no effect on
d. a gradual decline in
15. The calories supplied by fat for a person requiring 2200 kcal should not exceed _____ kcal.
16. A food that would provide significant energy for exercise is
a. lean beef.
b. ice cream.
17. For an athlete consuming a 3000 kcal diet, the recommended amount of calories from carbohydrate would be
a. 800 – 1050 kcal.
b. 950 – 1250 kcal.
c. 1300 – 1550 kcal.
d. 1350 – 1950 kcal.
18. Vitamins and minerals are important in energy production because
a. they supply a necessary energy source.
b. they speed up energy production.
c. more are needed during exercise.
d. they are needed as cofactors in enzyme reactions.
19. A meal that can be beneficial if eaten before athletic competition is
a. a cheeseburger with french fries.
b. grilled chicken, french fries, and cola.
c. whole grain pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
d. fried chicken breast, onion rings, and lemonade.
20. The most beneficial rehydration fluid for most types of exercise lasting 1 hour or less is
a. water with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 crushed vitamin.
b. water with 1 tablespoon salt and lemon flavoring.
c. a prepared or commercial solution with electrolytes.
d. water with nothing added.