11) Consuming high glycemic foods immediately after exercising can enhance : 1201297.
11) Consuming high glycemic foods immediately after exercising can enhance glycogen storage.
12) Carbohydrate loading is effective for most athletes and poses no disadvantages.
13) The longer the fatty acid chain, the more ATP can be generated from breakdown.
14) Glycolysis can be sustained only for a brief period of time, generally for less than 3 minutes.
15) Amino acids are the primary fuel source utilized in both anaerobic and aerobic exercise.
16) The best way to stimulate growth of skeletal muscle is to eat a high-protein diet.
17) To stay healthy, athletes should consume less than 15% of their kilocalories from fat.
18) Muscle tissue contains enough creatine phosphate (CP) to sustain physical activity for up to 10 to 15 minutes.
19) Most athletes consume sufficient dietary protein to support their physical activity.
20) Thirst is a relatively poor indicator of dehydration.