11. Daily intake of vitamin C should be increased during : 1361650.
11. Daily intake of vitamin C should be increased during pregnancy because it
a. is an important factor in tissue growth.
b. plays an important role in protein synthesis.
c. is necessary for the energy-producing pathways.
d. is important in development of bones in the fetus.
12. Drinking 3 to 4 cups of milk a day during pregnancy is recommended because it is a good source of
c. vitamin D.
d. vitamin C.
13. Appropriate snack choices for a pregnant woman with morning sickness may include
a. a meal of hot soup and Gatorade.
b. lemonade with added sugar and peppermint sticks.
c. a glass of hot decaffeinated tea.
d. whole-wheat toast with a small amount of light butter and a small piece of fruit.
14. A condition of severe, prolonged, and persistent vomiting during pregnancy is called
a. hyperemesis gravidarum.
b. placenta previa.
c. gestational diabetes.
15. A food choice to help alleviate constipation during pregnancy is
c. white bread.
16. An acceptable ending pregnancy weight for a normal-weight woman whose prepregnancy weight is 125 lb is _____ lb.
a. 130 to 135
b. 135 to 145
c. 145 to 150
d. 150 to 160
17. Total weight gain during the first trimester should be approximately _____ lbs.
a. 1 to 2
b. 2 to 4
c. 6 to 10
d. 10 to 15
18. A pregnancy is considered high risk if the mother
a. is 16 years old.
b. is vegetarian.
c. works full time.
d. exercises 4 or 5 times per week.
19. A pregnant adolescent is at risk because she
a. does not know how to care for herself.
b. has not established good eating habits.
c. is still in a growth stage of development.
d. will not know about the pregnancy until after the fetal organs have formed.
20. A very overweight pregnant woman older than 30 years of age is at high risk for
b. gestational diabetes.