11) Federal guidelines in the United States specify that school : 1201317.
11) Federal guidelines in the United States specify that school lunches must provide how much of the 1989 RDAs for protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, and energy?
12) Federal guidelines in the United States specify that school lunches must contain no more than what percentage of total Calories from saturated fat?
A) 10 percent
B) 15 percent
C) 20 percent
D) 25 percent
13) What is the maximum percentage of total Calories from fat recommended for a preschooler?
A) 10% of total energy
B) 15% of total energy
C) 35% of total energy
D) 50% of total energy
14) Janie is four years old. What serving size of green beans would you recommend for her?
A) 2 tablespoons
B) 3 tablespoons
C) 4 tablespoons
D) 6 tablespoons
15) Which of the following is NOT an appropriate weight control recommendation for an overweight 11-year-old?
A) Exercise for at least one hour a day.
B) Limit television watching to no more than two hours a day.
C) Consume appropriate portion sizes of foods.
D) Decrease caloric intake by 1,000 Calories a day.
16) What are dental caries?
A) juvenile teeth
C) spotting on tooth enamel
D) spaces left following the loss of teeth
17) Growth acceleration in adolescence is primarily driven by
A) increased physical activity.
B) increased caloric intake.
C) hormonal changes.
D) changes in muscle composition
18) What nutrient is added to municipal water supplies to promote healthy teeth formation?
C) vitamin D
19) Peak bone mass is typically achieved in
A) late childhood.
B) early teens.
C) late teens and early twenties.
D) the late thirties.
20) The total amount of energy needed per day for any given age is called what?
A) estimated energy requirement
B) required energy requirement
C) recommended energy requirement
D) allowable energy requirement
11) Federal guidelines in the United States specify that school : 1201317