11) In order to maintain homeostasis, parathyroid hormone would stimulate : 1380937.
11) In order to maintain homeostasis, parathyroid hormone would stimulate what response to low blood calcium levels?
A) stimulate the hunger drive
B) stimulate the thirst drive
C) reduce urine production at the kidneys
D) prompt bones to store calcium
E) prompt bones to release stored calcium
12) The structure that is at the center of control for endocrine activity, particularly as it relates to homeostasis, is the:
A) posterior pituitary gland.
B) brain stem.
C) thyroid gland.
E) cerebral cortex.
13) Hormones that are released by the posterior pituitary were made in the:
B) anterior pituitary.
C) brain stem.
D) adrenal glands.
14) “Releasing hormones” and “inhibiting hormones” produced by the hypothalamus target the:
A) posterior pituitary.
B) anterior pituitary.
C) adrenal glands.
D) ovaries and testes.
E) digestive organs.
15) Release of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) from the pituitary is inhibited when:
A) the metabolic rate of cells decreases.
B) T3 and T4 levels are low.
C) T3 and T4 levels are high.
D) blood sugar levels are low.
E) blood sugar levels are high.
16) Through nervous stimulation, the hypothalamus controls the release of which hormone?
B) growth hormone
C) thyroid-stimulating hormone
E) follicle-stimulating hormone
17) Insulin and glucagon are produced by a:
A) small proportion of the cells in the pituitary.
B) large proportion of the cells in the adrenal glands.
C) small proportion of the cells in the pancreas.
D) large proportion of the cells in the pancreas.
18) When blood sugar levels are running low, the body would produce more:
A) insulin than glucagon.
B) glucagon than insulin.
C) glycogen than insulin.
D) insulin than cortisol.
E) insulin than adrenaline.
19) Which organ that is a target of insulin plays the most significant role in regulating sugar levels in circulation?
A) adrenal glands
20) Which hormone causes glucose to be produced from the breakdown of protein and fat?
D) growth hormone
21) Which hormone controls water retention by the kidneys and is also known as antidiuretic hormone?
B) parathyroid hormone
C) luteinizing hormone
11) In order to maintain homeostasis, parathyroid hormone would stimulate : 1380937