11) In the following chemical reaction, which molecule the disaccharide?
glucose : 1380712.
11) In the following chemical reaction, which molecule is the disaccharide?
glucose + fructose → sucrose + water
12) Glycogen is a polysaccharide used for energy storage by:
13) The monomers of polysaccharides are:
A) amino acids.
14) What do polysaccharides, such as cellulose; nucleic acids, such as DNA; and proteins, such as keratin, have in common?
A) They are all built of chemically linked monomers.
B) They are all amino acids.
C) They are all lipids.
D) They are all carbohydrates.
E) They are all nonpolar.
15) The monomers of polysaccharides are:
B) simple sugars.
C) amino acids.
D) fatty acids.
16) Which of the following are polysaccharides?
A) sucrose and glucose
B) fructose and deoxyribose
C) DNA and RNA
D) starch and glycogen
17) Chitin and cellulose are examples of:
A) structural polysaccharides.
B) storage polysaccharides.
18) Which of the following is true of cellulose?
A) Plants store glucose as cellulose.
B) Animals store glucose as cellulose.
C) Plants store amino acids as cellulose.
D) Plants’ cell walls are made up of cellulose.
19) Which of the following is the indigestible (at least for humans) glucose polysaccharide that is found in plants?
20) Glycogen is used to store ________ in the ________.
A) protein; muscle
B) protein; liver
C) nucleic acids; liver
D) glucose; spleen
E) glucose; liver