11. (p. 319) One disadvantage of the global product division structure the necessity : 1240112.
11. (p. 319) One disadvantage of the global product division structure is the necessity of duplicating facilities and staff personnel within each division.
12. (p. 320) A structure under which global operations are organized on a geographic rather than a product orientation is referred to as a global area structure.
13. (p. 320) Companies that are in growing businesses and have broad product lines most often use a global area division structure.
14. (p. 320) An advantage of the global area division structure is that it allows the division manager to cater to the tastes of the local market and make rapid decisions to accommodate environmental changes.
15. (p. 321) An advantage of the global functional division structure is that only the CEO can be held accountable for the profits.
16. (p. 325) One of the main objectives in developing the structure for joint ventures is to help the partners address and effectively meld their different values and organizational preferences.
17. (p. 327) In most companies, mutual adjustment is achieved by assigning people to a specific project and having them meet face-to-face and work out a plan of action of designing the new product.
18. (p. 328) Formalization is an organizational characteristic that assigns individuals to specific, well-defined tasks.
19. (p. 329) Specialization is the use of defined structures and systems in decision-making, communicating and controlling.
20. (p. 330) Centralization is a management system in which important decisions are made at the top.