11) Refrigerating or freezing foods will kill any bacteria present : 1201306.
11) Refrigerating or freezing foods will kill any bacteria present in the food.
12) It is unsafe to use food past its “sell by” date.
13) It is unsafe to thaw frozen foods on the kitchen counter (at room temperature).
14) The only way to be sure that meat is thoroughly cooked is to check the internal temperature with a food thermometer.
15) All preservatives must be listed on the food label.
16) Sulfites have been banned by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are no longer found in the U.S. food supply.
17) All additives are synthetic.
18) Flavoring agents and colorings are derived from both natural and synthetic sources.
19) To avoid mercury, pregnant and breastfeeding women and young children are advised to avoid consuming shark and other large predatory fish.
20) Products that are “100% organic” or “organic” may display the USDA seal.