11) Research has shown that aspartame promotes the development of : 1201347.
11) Research has shown that aspartame promotes the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
12) Protection against heart disease is a potential benefit of a diet rich in simple sugar.
13) Saccharin use is associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer in humans.
14) Excessive production of insulin can result in hypoglycemia.
15) The glycogen stored in muscle cells is used primarily to provide glucose for red blood cells.
16) Hypoglycemia is seen ONLY in people with type 1 diabetes.
17) A diet high in simple sugars has been shown to increase both triglycerides and “bad” cholesterol in the blood.
18) It is safe for pregnant women to consume artificial sweeteners in moderate amounts.
19) Carbohydrate digestion ceases in the stomach because the pH of the stomach inactivates salivary amylase.
20) The Tolerable Upper Intake Level for sugar is 300 grams a day.