11) The ascending colon found the left side of the : 1221314.
11) The ascending colon is found on the left side of the abdominal cavity.
12) The segment of the colon to which the appendix is attached is the cecum.
13) The anal canal has a voluntary sphincter formed by smooth muscle only.
14) Small pocketlike sacs within the large intestine that most often are partially contracted are called haustra.
15) The enamel found on teeth is heavily mineralized with calcium salts and comprises the hardest substance within the entire body.
16) Wisdom teeth typically emerge later in life around age 30-40.
17) Pancreatic enzymes are released into the stomach to break down all categories of digestible foods.
18) Bile is produced by the liver but stored in the gallbladder.
19) Digestive activities are mostly controlled by reflexes of the parasympathetic nervous system.
20) The involuntary phase of swallowing is called the buccal phase.
11) The ascending colon found the left side of the : 1221314