11) The Golgi tendon organs examples of which of the : 1200527.
11) The Golgi tendon organs are examples of which of the following?
12) Changes in joint position are monitored by ________ .
13) Ruffini corpuscles are examples of ________.
A) tactile receptors
14) Temperature sensations are relayed along the same pathways that carry sensations of
B) low frequency vibration.
C) body position.
A) are rare in joint capsules.
B) increase in sensitivity in the presence of a constant stimulus.
C) have large receptive fields.
D) carry fast pain sensations through unmyelinated fibers.
E) are widely distributed in all tissues.
16) Neurons in the respiratory centers of the brain that respond to pH are examples of ________.
A) do not adapt to constant stimulation.
B) for the most part, produce information that is processed consciously.
C) do not send information continuously to the CNS.
D) are free nerve endings that branch within the walls of a distensible organ.
E) are exemplified by receptors in the carotid and aortic sinus.
18) Temperature senses use two types of
B) free nerve endings.
D) tactile corpuscles.
E) lamellated corpuscles.
19) Olfactory glands
A) contain the neural receptors for the sense of smell.
B) form the basement membrane of the olfactory epithelium.
C) are sensitive to aromatic molecules in the air.
D) produce a pigmented mucus that covers the olfactory epithelium.
E) form structures called olfactory bulbs.
20) Axons leaving each olfactory bulb travel along the olfactory tract to reach the olfactory cerebral cortex, portions of the limbic system, and the ________.
B) superior colliculus
C) pineal body
11) The Golgi tendon organs examples of which of the : 1200527