11) The government agency that regulates the food labels fresh : 1201326.
11) The government agency that regulates the food labels on fresh meat and poultry in the United States is the
12) According to the USDA Food Patterns, which of the following foods is NOT a food that is considered to have empty Calories?
A) chocolate cake
B) whole milk
C) fruit drinks
13) Which of the following is NOT required on a food label?
A) sodium (mg/serving)
B) folic acid (µg/serving)
C) dietary fiber (g/serving)
D) total cholesterol (mg/serving)
14) A set of principles developed by the USDA and the USDHHS to help reduce the risk of developing chronic disease is called
A) Food Fundamentals.
B) Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
C) South Beach Diet.
D) DASH Diet.
15) If Alexandra were to consume all of her protein from milk and cheese, she might develop which deficiencies over time?
A) calcium and phosphorus
B) protein and vitamin D
C) riboflavin and vitamin A
D) zinc and iron
16) To maintain a healthful weight, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends
A) increasing the level of physical activity and reducing sedentary activities.
B) 60 minutes of moderate activity most or all days of the week.
C) 60 minutes of intense activity 3 days a week.
D) 8 hours of moderate activity per week.
17) Diets high in sugar promote
A) tooth decay.
B) elevated blood pressure.
18) Excess sodium in the diet is linked to what disease in some individuals?
19) Which of the following groups should limit daily sodium intake to no more than 1,500 mg?
A) people over age 50
B) pregnant women
C) children under age 12
D) all healthy adults
20) Servings in the 2010 USDA MyPlate are represented in