11. The lining of the stomach and intestine protected from : 1361633.
11. The lining of the stomach and intestine is protected from strong acid by
d. the presence of food.
12. The hormone that stimulates the pancreas to release its secretions is
13. A meal consisting of country fried steak, carrots, and a baked potato with butter and sour cream would stimulate the hormone cholecystokinin because of the
a. presence of food in the duodenum.
b. presence of fat in the duodenum.
c. entry of the acidic chyme into the duodenum.
d. entry of bile into the duodenum.
14. After eating fried chicken the end products from the digestion of fat include
a. glycerol and fatty acids.
b. glucose and fatty acids.
c. amino acids and dipeptides.
d. cholesterol and glycerol.
15. A means of absorption that occurs in the small intestine is
d. electrochemical transport.
16. After absorption, the end products of carbohydrate and protein digestion enter the
b. bile duct.
c. blood system.
17. The primary nutritional function of the large intestine is
a. absorption of fats.
b. absorption of water.
c. excretion of waste products.
d. completion of the digestive process.
18. Bacteria found in the colon are significant because they
a. synthesize some vitamins.
b. are a source of contamination.
c. finish digesting whatever remains in the colon.
d. are necessary for mineral absorption.
19. Gas formation in the colon is the result of
a. ingestion of certain foods.
b. ingestion of too much water.
c. inadequate ingestion of fiber.
d. bacterial action on undigested items.
20. After digestion, fatty materials are absorbed into the
b. outer skin.