11) The majority of nutrient absorption takes place in the : 1201339.
11) The majority of nutrient absorption takes place in the pancreas.
12) Not requiring further digestion, dietary vitamins and minerals are small enough to be absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract.
13) The presence of any bacteria in the large intestine indicates a potentially serious systemic allergic reaction that can be fatal if left untreated.
14) The lining of the small intestine is smooth and flat, allowing for increased transit time of food material.
15) Most dietary fiber is absorbed in the small intestine.
16) Constipation can be treated by eating a high-fiber diet and staying well-hydrated.
17) Gastroesophageal reflux (GER) is more commonly known as heartburn.
18) Diarrhea, while unpleasant, represents the body’s way of ridding itself of some invasive agent.
19) Untreated diarrhea can be fatal in young children.
20) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) always manifests itself by diarrhea, bloating, and abdominal cramps.