11) The study of immunity and the immune system called : 1221280.
11) The study of immunity and the immune system is called endocrinology.
12) Like all blood cells, lymphocytes originate from hemocytoblasts contained within red bone marrow.
13) Macrophages arise from monoctyes formed within the bone marrow.
14) Vaccines provide naturally acquired active immunity to diseases such as pneumonia, diphtheria, and measles.
15) Artificially acquired passive immunity is conferred when one receives immune serum for poisonous snake bites.
16) Antibodies are also referred to as immunoglobulins.
17) There are three major immunoglobulin classes: IgM, IgA, and IgD.
18) The antibody a mother passes to her fetus is IgM.
19) The process that occurs when antibodies clump foreign cells is called agglutination.
20) Memory cells are descendants of an activated B or T cell.