11) The thermic effect of fat higher than that of : 1201288.
11) The thermic effect of fat is higher than that of carbohydrate or protein.
12) Waist circumference alone can indicate one’s risk for chronic disease.
13) Over secretion of the hormone leptin will result in weight gain.
14) Appetite is a learned behavior.
15) Overweight and obesity result from an imbalance in energy intake versus energy expenditure.
16) People trying to gain weight should eat slightly more than half of their kilocalories from complex carbohydrates.
17) BMI is calculated by taking an individual’s body weight (in kilograms) divided by their height2 (in meters).
18) Cultural factors can influence both food choices and levels of physical activity, and thus contribute to weight gain.
19) Serotonin and cholecystokinin increase satiety in humans.
20) Heat-producing brown adipose tissue containing uncoupling proteins has been found only in animals and newborn humans.