11) The three mucosa-covered projections into the nasal cavity that : 1221303.
11) The three mucosa-covered projections into the nasal cavity that greatly increase surface area of mucosa exposed to air are called __________.
12) The anterior portion of the palate that is supported by bone is called the __________.
13) The three regions of the pharynx are the __________.
14) Inflammation of the sinuses that can cause marked changes in voice quality is called __________.
15) The large shield-shaped thyroid cartilage that protrudes anteriorly is commonly called the __________.
16) The mucosa-lined windpipe that extends from the larynx to the level of the fifth thoracic vertebra is called the __________.
17) Clusters of lymphatic tissue in the pharynx are referred to as __________.
18) The opening between the vocal folds is called the __________.
19) The C-shaped rings that reinforce the trachea are constructed of __________ cartilage.
20) The flap of elastic cartilage that protects the opening of the larynx is called the __________.