11. The tip of each renal pyramid called A. a : 1380623.
11. The tip of each renal pyramid is called
A. a nephron.
B. a renal papilla.
C. a renal column.
D. a medullary ray.
E. the apex.
12. The renal papillae extend into the
B. renal columns.
C. minor calyces.
D. major calyces.
13. The structural and functional units of the kidney are called
B. renal papillae.
C. renal pyramids.
D. renal columns.
E. renal tubes.
14. The juxtamedullary nephrons
A. have long loops of Henle.
B. are found next to the renal capsule.
C. comprise 85% of all nephrons.
D. have their renal corpuscles located in the medulla.
E. have short loops of Henle.
15. Which of the following is NOT part of a nephron?
A. loop of Henle
B. collecting duct
C. renal corpuscle
D. proximal convoluted tubule
E. distal convoluted tubule
16. The network of capillaries that is located in Bowman’s capsule is called the
A. vasa recta.
C. peritubular capillary.
D. proximal convoluted capillary.
E. efferent arteriole.
17. The renal corpuscle consists of
A. the renal pelvis and the renal tubules.
B. the glomerulus and Bowman’s capsule.
C. Bowman’s capsule and the renal pelvis.
D. the proximal convoluted tubule and the glomerulus.
E. afferent and efferent arteriole.
18. Which of the following structures is a capillary?
B. loop of Henle
C. collecting duct
D. Bowman’s capsule
E. proximal convoluted tubule
19. The visceral layer of Bowman’s capsule
A. is part of the filtration membrane.
B. is called endothelium.
C. contains podocytes.
D. is part of the filtration membrane and is called endothelium.
E. is part of the filtration membrane and contains podocytes.
20. Which of the following layers of the filtration membrane is closest to the plasma?
B. macula densa
C. glomerular endothelium
D. the basement membrane
E. parietal layer of Bowman’s capsule