11) Two amino acids joined together by a peptide bond : 1201358.
11) Two amino acids are joined together by a peptide bond to form a dipeptide. What is the by-product of this process?
C) carbon dioxide
D) hydrochloric acid
12) Which of the following foods is a source of complete protein?
D) whole grain bread
13) Egg whites stiffen when they are whipped. The change that occurs in the protein is called
14) In what structure of the mammalian cell are proteins synthesized?
C) cell membrane
15) MOST of the proteins in the body are synthesized from
A) nine amino acids.
B) twenty amino acids.
C) ten fatty acids.
D) fifteen fatty acids.
16) The process through which mRNA copies genetic information from DNA and carries it to the ribosome is called
17) Which of the following is the MOST complete protein from a plant source?
A) green beans
18) Of the 20 amino acids relevant to the human body, how many are considered nonessential?
19) Which of the following is a body protein that is stored in a gland and secreted to an organ to restore normal body conditions or balance?
20) In the body, buffers are very important in
A) defending the body against bacteria and toxins.
B) maintaining acid-base balance in the body.
C) accelerating chemical reactions in the body.
D) maintaining and repairing body tissue.
11) Two amino acids joined together by a peptide bond : 1201358