11) What changes occur in the endometrium as the time : 1380981.
11) What changes occur in the endometrium as the time of possible fertilization approaches?
A) Menstruation occurs.
B) The endometrium enters the proliferative phase.
C) The endometrium enters the secretory phase.
D) The endometrium secretes estrogen.
12) Which structure would be best described as helping to prepare the female tract for pregnancy and maintain it during the early phases of pregnancy?
B) uterine tube
D) corpus luteum
13) From which structure does the corpus luteum develop?
B) tertiary follicle
C) primary follicle
D) secondary follicle
14) Why does a female have millions of ovarian follicles as a fetus but has perhaps just over a thousand in her early fifties?
A) Several hundred follicles ovulate per monthly cycle and deplete the follicle supply at a steady rate.
B) Several thousand follicles ovulate per monthly cycle and deplete the follicle supply at a steady rate.
C) Natural degeneration of follicles speeds up in later years.
D) Production of new follicles from stem cells slows in her fifties.
15) Which statement concerning gamete production is correct?
A) Sperm cells can be produced only at certain points in the reproductive cycle.
B) The number of sperm a man can produce is essentially unlimited, whereas the number of eggs a woman can potentially produce is limited.
C) A man is born with all of the sperm he will need for the rest of his life.
D) Progestins stimulate development of new follicles.
16) Spermatids are produced by:
B) primary spermatocytes.
C) secondary spermatocytes.
D) sertiary spermatocytes.
17) Sperm development begins in the:
A) prostate gland.
B) seminiferous tubules.
D) vas deferens.
18) The vas deferens ducts empty sperm into the:
A) seminal vesicles.
19) Which of these is not a supporting gland in males?
A) prostate gland
B) seminal vesicle
D) bulbourethral gland
20) Development of sperm occurs from the:
A) inside of the seminiferous tubule toward the outside.
B) outside of the epididymis toward the inside.
C) outside of the seminiferous tubule toward the inside.
D) middle of the penis toward the prostate gland.
11) What changes occur in the endometrium as the time : 1380981