11. What the average intake of water per day?
A. 1 : 1400762.
11. What is the average intake of water per day?
A. 1 quart
B. 2 quarts
C. 1 gallon
D. 2 gallons
12. Which of the following factors can affect insensible water loss?
B. arid climate
C. high temperature
D. all of the above
13. Extracellular fluid contains more ________ than intracellular fluid.
D. organic acids
14. Which of the following has the greatest effect on fluid balance?
15. The basic process that occurs during osmosis is
B. active transport.
16. The sodium-potassium pump is a(n)
B. specialized membrane.
17. Which of the following is not a true statement about the movement of ions?
A. The concentration of ions affects the electrical charges on either side of the membrane.
B. The movement of water is independent of the movement of ions.
C. The change in the concentration of specific ions affects the movement of other ion species between the different compartments.
D. The ion concentrations set up an osmotic gradient across membranes.
18. Which organ plays an important role in regulation of blood volume?
19. The thirst mechanism is initiated by which part of the brain?
D. none of the above
20. Which of the following releases ADH?
C. pituitary gland
D. adrenal glands