11. Which of the following hormones anabolic?
D. : 1400725.
11. Which of the following hormones is anabolic?
12. Which of the following hormones stimulates glycogenolysis?
D. B and C
13. Which hormone does not stimulate lipolysis?
D. A and C
14. Which of the following compounds catalyzes metabolic reactions?
15. The source of energy that is derived from the food we eat and used by cells in the body is
16. The energy in ATP is stored in
A. the nitrogen-containing compound.
B. the 5-sugar carbon.
C. the phosphate bonds.
17. ADP is produced when
A. a phosphate of ATP is hydrolyzed.
B. a phosphate of ADP is hydrolyzed.
C. adenine of ATP is hydrolyzed.
D. adenine of ADP is hydrolyzed.
18. The function of creatine phosphate is
A. to provide a reserve of phosphate to regenerate ATP.
B. as another form of energy that can be used directly by cells.
C. as an enzyme in a metabolic pathway.
D. as a hormone that regulates metabolism.
19. Glycolysis begins with ________ and ends with the production of ________.
A. 1 glucose; 1 pyruvate
B. 1 glucose; 2 pyruvate
C. 2 glucose; 1 pyruvate
D. 2 glucose; 2 pyruvate
20. Glycolysis occurs in the