11. Which of the following monosaccharides absorbed by facilitative diffusion?
A. : 1400675.
11. Which of the following monosaccharides is absorbed by facilitative diffusion?
12. The majority of carbohydrate digestion occurs in the
C. small intestine.
13. Once absorbed, the monosaccharides are all converted to ________ by the liver.
14. Which of the following food items has the least amount of lactose?
A. whole milk
D. ice cream
15. Which of the following enzymes is lacking or insufficient in an individual with lactose intolerance?
16. Which of the following is a symptom of lactose maldigestion?
D. all of the above
17. Carbohydrates function in the body to
A. provide energy.
B. spare protein.
C. prevent ketosis.
D. do all of the above.
18. Ketone bodies form when inadequate amounts of glucose are present; they
A. decrease blood pH.
B. increase blood pH.
C. neutralize blood pH.
D. have no effect on blood pH.
19. When glycogen stores are full, excess glucose is converted to ________ in the process of lipogenesis.
A. fatty acids
B. amino acids
D. none of the above
20. The hormone glucagon acts on the liver to stimulate