11. Which of the following NOT a function of the : 1380581.
11. Which of the following is NOT a function of the stomach?
B. protein digestion
C. absorption of aspirin
D. segmental contractions
12. Which of the following is NOT a function of the small intestine?
A. mastication of food
B. absorption of nutrients
C. complete digestion of food
D. mixing by segmental contractions
13. Arrange the following in proper sequence:
A. 3, 4, 2, 1
B. 1, 4, 3, 2
C. 4, 1, 2, 3
D. 3, 4, 1, 2
E. 3, 1, 4, 2
14. Diffusion and active transport are likely to be important in
A. mastication of food.
B. absorption of food.
C. elimination of undigested food.
D. propulsion of food through the digestive tract.
E. mixing of food.
15. Which of the following occurs in the large intestine?
A. chemical digestion
B. mass movements
D. mixing waves
16. In order to remove a tumor in the muscular tunic of the stomach, a surgeon must cut through the
A. lamina propria.
E. lamina propria.
17. The muscularis layer in the wall of the digestive tract is
A. skeletal muscle throughout the tract, especially in the large intestine.
B. the layer of the digestive tract wall that contains capillaries.
C. in direct contact with the food that is consumed.
D. composed of a layer of circular smooth muscle fibers and a layer of longitudinal smooth muscle fibers.
E. connective tissue and the peritoneum.
18. The enteric plexus
A. is found in the mucosa.
B. consists of the myenteric plexus and the celiac plexus.
C. contains sympathetic neurons and fibers.
D. controls movement and secretion of the digestive tract.
E. is a valve in the GI tract.
19. Which layer of the digestive tract is in direct contact with the food consumed?
20. Which of the following is correctly matched?
A. mucosa – controls peristalsis
B. serosa – contains an extensive supply of nerves and blood vessels
C. submucosa – lamina propria
D. serosa – increased surface area
E. muscularis – responsible for peristalsis