11) Which of the following traditionally used to evaluate the : 1201292.
11) Which of the following is traditionally used to evaluate the level of intensity of aerobic activity?
A) heart rate
B) blood glucose level
C) blood pressure
D) distance traveled per unit of time (e.g., steps per hour)
12) To achieve moderate intensity physical activity, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a target heart rate range of what percentage of an individual’s maximal heart rate?
A) 50 to 55 percent
B) 50 to 70 percent
C) 50 to 65 percent
D) 50 to 80 percent
13) Which of the following individuals does NOT need to have a medical evaluation before beginning an exercise regimen?
A) Jack, a 65-year-old man with diabetes
B) Betty, a 55-year-old woman who is healthy but inactive
C) Frank, a 45-year-old man who is healthy but inactive
D) Dinitra, a healthy, active 35-year-old-woman
14) In which of the following types of exercise would creatine phosphate (CP) be an important source of energy?
A) running a 10-kilometer road race
B) biking up a mountain
C) playing in a football game
D) sprinting in a 100-meter race
15) During exercise, what source(s) of energy is/are used by the body for glucose?
A) glycogen stored in muscles
B) glucose found in bones
C) fatty acids stored in adipose tissue
D) protein found in blood
16) The primary end product of glycolysis is
A) adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
B) creatine phosphate (CP).
C) lactic acid.
D) pyruvic acid.
17) The amount of ATP produced in glycolysis can maintain exercise for no more than how many minutes?
18) When oxygen is scarce, cellular pyruvic acid will be converted to
C) lactic acid.
D) fatty acids.
19) Which of the following is FALSE concerning aerobic metabolism?
A) Its by-products are carbon dioxide and water.
B) It leads to muscle fatigue.
C) It provides fuel for low-intensity exercise.
D) It supplies more energy than anaerobic exercise.
20) Which of the following is NOT TRUE about cool-down exercise after an exercise session?
A) helps to prevent injury
B) helps to reduce muscle soreness
C) involves stretching
D) helps digestion later on