111. Which of the following mismatched? A. foramen ovale – : 1380686.
111. Which of the following is mismatched?
A. foramen ovale – ligamentum ovale
B. ductus arteriosus – ligamentum arteriosus
C. ductus venosus – ligamentum venosus
D. umbilical vein – ligamentum teres of the liver
E. umbilical arteries – cords of umbilical arteries
112. A patent ductus arteriosus means that the _____ did not close.
A. intraatrial septum
B. intraventricular septum
C. connection between the pulmonary trunk and the aorta
D. connection between the inferior vena cava and the abdominal aorta
E. umbilical arteries and veins
113. Which of the following statements concerning the digestive system of a newborn is true?
A. The infant may lose 15% to 20% of his body weight in the first week.
B. The pH of the stomach is nearly neutral, but increases in acidity after birth.
C. The liver of the newborn is functionally mature.
D. The ability to digest lactose does not occur until 48 hours after birth.
E. All foods can be digested at birth.
114. The greenish discharge from the lower digestive tract shortly after birth is called
115. An APGAR score of _____ is considered normal at 1 to 5 minutes after birth.
116. APGAR scores are used to
A. evaluate a newborn’s weight.
B. assess a newborn’s physiological condition.
C. measure a newborn’s genetic state.
D. determine the developmental age of the infant.
E. measure the infant.
117. Most congenital birth defects are caused by
A. inherited traits.
B. lack of oxygen to the fetus.
C. viral infections during pregnancy.
D. unknown causes.
E. None of these choices is correct.
118. Alcohol ingestion by a pregnant woman can cause birth defects in her baby; alcohol is a(an)
119. The hormone(s) responsible for preparing the breasts for lactation during pregnancy is (are).
E. both estrogen and progesterone.
120. The hormone responsible for milk production is