111. Which of the following will stimulate intestinal motility? A. : 1380591.
111. Which of the following will stimulate intestinal motility?
A. distension of the intestinal wall
B. low pH
C. presence of amino acids
D. All of the choices will stimulate intestinal motility
112. The gallbladder
A. produces bile.
B. is attached to the pancreas.
C. stores bile.
D. produces secretin.
E. breaks down red blood cells.
113. The pancreatic islets
A. are found in the wall of the stomach.
B. excrete mucus.
C. produce digestive enzymes.
D. are exocrine glands.
E. are endocrine glands.
114. Which of the following statements regarding the pancreas is true?
A. The head of the pancreas lies in the curvature of the ileum.
B. The pancreatic duct carries both enzymes and hormones.
C. The pancreatic acinar cells secrete digestive enzymes.
D. The pancreas assists the stomach in the absorption of digested food.
E. The pancreas digests sugar.
115. Bile would flow directly from the
A. gallbladder into the hepatic duct.
B. hepatic ducts into the common hepatic duct.
C. bile canaliculus into the cystic duct.
D. common bile duct into the gallbladder.
E. cystic duct into the hepatic ducts.
116. Arrange the ducts in the order that bile would pass through them when moving from the bile canaliculi to the small intestine without being stored in the gallbladder.
(1) common bile duct
(2) common hepatic duct
(3) cystic duct
(4) left and right hepatic ducts
A. 3, 4, 2
B. 3, 2, 1
C. 4, 2, 1
D. 4, 1, 2
E. 1, 4, 2
117. The liver
A. has two major lobes – caudate and quadrate.
B. is located on the superior surface of the diaphragm.
C. is not vascular.
D. is located in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen.
E. consists of two major lobes and two minor lobes.
118. Nutrient-rich blood from the digestive tract comes to the liver by way of the
A. hepatic artery.
B. hepatic portal vein.
C. hepatic vein.
D. inferior vena cava.
E. celiac trunk.
119. Which of the following is a function of the hepatocytes?
A. produce digestive enzymes
B. synthesize hormones
C. produce hydrochloric acid
D. synthesize bile
E. regulate pH
120. An organ is described as follows: cords of cells radiating outward from a central vein with sinusoids between the cords of cells. The organ having this histological structure is the
E. gall bladder.