131. Implantation A. occurs prior to fertilization. B. normally occurs : 1380669.
A. occurs prior to fertilization.
B. normally occurs in the uterus.
C. assists sperm motility in the uterus.
D. occurs in the vagina.
E. occurs in the cervix.
132. In an ectopic pregnancy,
A. no fertilization occurs.
B. implantation does not occur in the uterus.
C. a fetus never develops.
D. no placenta forms.
E. implantation occurs in the uterus.
133. The female climacteric refers to the
A. cessation of menstruation.
B. time from the onset of irregular menstrual cycles to cessation of those cycles.
C. decrease in the sexual drive.
D. inability to have sexual intercourse.
134. Hot flashes during the climacteric are thought to be the result of decreased _____ levels.
C. estrogen and progesterone
135. The contraceptive method in which the penis is removed from the vagina just before ejaculation is called
B. rhythm method.
C. coitus interruptus.
E. vaginal removal.
136. The contraceptive method that not only prevents fertilization but also provides protection against sexually transmitted diseases is
A. the condom.
B. oral contraceptives.
C. spermicidal agents.
D. coitus interruptus.
E. the diaphragm.
137. Which of the following can cause infertility in females?
B. heavy, prolonged menses
C. blockage of the uterine tubes
D. an increased libido
E. psychological factors
138. Which of the following is NOT an age-related change in the male reproductive system?
A. increase in erectile dysfunction
B. prostatic hypertrophy
C. size and weight of testes decrease
D. decline of sperm production until no more sperm are produced
139. Which of the following is NOT an age-related change of the female reproductive system?
A. dryness of the vagina
B. decreased estrogen and progesterone production
C. cessation of the menses
D. decreased incidence of breast cancer
140. What does “A” represent on the diagram?
A. seminal vesicle
B. ejaculatory duct
E. prostate gland