131. What connects the gallbladder to the common bile duct? : 1380593.
131. What connects the gallbladder to the common bile duct?
A. hepatic duct
B. gallbladder duct
C. cystic duct
D. portal duct
132. What is the function of the gallbladder?
A. produce bile
B. store bicarbonate
C. add pigment to bile
D. store and concentrate bile
133. What is the main stimulus for bile secretion from the gallbladder?
B. vagal stimulation
D. large amounts of protein in the chyme
134. Which of the following structures has both endocrine and exocrine tissue?
135. Arrange the following structures in order from the small intestine to the rectum.
(1) ascending colon
(2) descending colon
(3) sigmoid colon
(4) transverse colon
A. 1, 2, 3, 4
B. 1, 4, 2, 3
C. 2, 3, 1, 4
D. 2, 4, 1, 3
E. 1, 4, 3, 2
136. Which of the following is located closest to the rectum?
A. ascending colon
B. descending colon
C. transverse colon
D. sigmoid colon
137. A blockage in the colon where the ascending colon turns to become the transverse colon would occur at the
A. ileocecal valve.
B. hepatic flexure.
C. splenic flexure.
D. cardiac sphincter.
E. gastric flexure.
138. The longitudinal layer of smooth muscle in the large intestinal wall forms three bands called the
A. teniae coli.
C. coli longitudini.
D. omental appendages.
139. The major secretion of the large intestine is
140. The anal canal
A. begins at the sigmoid colon and ends at the rectum.
B. has an internal sphincter composed of smooth muscle.
C. contains many goblet cells.
D. contains tubular glands called crypts.
E. has an external sphincter composed of smooth muscle.
131. What connects the gallbladder to the common bile duct? : 1380593