141. Which of the following apply to the small intestine? : 1380594.
141. Which of the following apply to the small intestine?
A. Secretions from the liver and pancreas enter this organ.
B. Segmentation contractions occur in this organ.
C. Both digestion and absorption occur in this organ.
D. Mixing and propulsion of chyme.
E. All of these choices apply to the small intestine.
142. Cholecystokinin is produced by endocrine cells of the
B. small intestine.
D. large intestine.
143. Which of the following is mismatched?
A. segmental contractions – mix intestinal contents
B. peristaltic contractions – propel intestinal contents along G.I. tract
C. sympathetic nerve fibers – increase intestinal motility
D. distention of intestinal wall – increases intestinal motility
E. parasympathetic nerve fibers – stimulate secretion of pancreatic juices
144. Which of the following statements applies to the ileocecal sphincter?
A. Cecal distention enhances relaxation of this sphincter.
B. Closure of this sphincter inhibits absorption in the small intestine.
C. Peristaltic contractions reaching this sphincter cause it to relax.
D. This sphincter is usually relaxed.
E. This sphincter stays contracted.
145. The gallbladder contracts in response to the hormone
146. When chyme enters the duodenum, ____ is released and stimulates the pancreas to secrete bicarbonates.
147. The digestive juice that contains enzymes capable of digesting all major food groups is
A. gastric juice.
B. biliary juice.
C. salivary juice.
D. pancreatic juice.
E. hepatic juice.
148. Which of the following enzymes is found in inactive form in pancreatic juice?
149. Which of the following enzymes is mismatched with its substrate?
A. pepsin – protein
B. amylase – starch
C. trypsin – nucleic acids
D. lipase – fat
E. deoxyribonucleases – DNA
A. is a hormone.
B. triggers the release of bile from the gallbladder.
C. activates trypsinogen.
D. increases duodenal motility.
E. digests proteins.
141. Which of the following apply to the small intestine? : 1380594