151) A joint with flattened or slightly curved articulating surfaces : 1200473.
151) A joint with flattened or slightly curved articulating surfaces is called a ________ joint.
152) ________ is a movement that occurs in the anterior-posterior plane and increases the angle between the articulating bones.
153) When one closes the mouth, the movement is called ________.
154) When one crosses his/her arms, which movement is performed by the clavicles?
155) Moving a part of the body anteriorly in the horizontal plane is called ________.
156) Dorsiflexion involves ________ at the ankle joint and ________ of the foot.
A) flexion; elevation of the sole
B) extension; elevation of the heel
C) flexion; elevation of the heel
D) extension; flexion of the sole
E) adduction; flexion of the heel
157) The movement of turning around the longitudinal axis of the body or a limb toward the ventral surface of the body is called medial ________.
158) Which type of synovial joint is described as an oval articular face nestling within a depression on the opposing surface?
159) Typical movements at a hinge joint include
A) extension and gliding.
B) rotation and inversion.
C) gliding and pronation.
D) flexion and rotation.
E) extension and flexion.
160) Which joint permits the greatest range of motion of any joint in the body?
151) A joint with flattened or slightly curved articulating surfaces : 1200473