171. Arrange the following events in the correct order: (1) : 1380597.
171. Arrange the following events in the correct order:
(1) absorption of lipids
(3) micelle formation
(4) digestion of lipids
A. 1, 2, 3, 4
B. 3, 4, 2, 1
C. 4, 1, 2, 3
D. 2, 4, 1, 3
E. 2, 4, 3, 1
172. In comparison to a low-density lipoprotein (LDL), a high density lipoprotein (HDL) contains
A. less lipid.
B. less protein.
C. more cholesterol.
D. more carbohydrate.
E. more amino acids.
173. Which of the following lipoproteins contains the highest percentage of cholesterol?
174. Serum cholesterol levels are solely dependent on a person’s dietary intake of cholesterol.
175. LDL’s are taken into a cell by the process of
A. simple diffusion.
C. receptor mediated endocytosis.
D. HDL carrier molecules.
E. facilitated diffusion.
176. A cell needs a receptor in order to absorb LDL’s. A disease that interferes with the functioning of these LDL receptors would
A. increase serum cholesterol levels.
B. decrease serum cholesterol levels.
C. halt endocytosis.
D. promote endocytosis.
E. have no effect on serum cholesterol or endocytosis.
177. Which of the following enzymes digests protein?
178. Arrange the following in order from largest to smallest:
(3) amino acid
A. 3, 1, 4, 2
B. 4, 1, 2, 3
C. 2, 4, 1, 3
D. 1, 2, 3, 4
E. 2, 4, 3, 1
179. Which of the following is an end product of protein digestion?
B. amino acids
C. LDL molecules
E. nucleic acids
180. Which of the following is true?
A. Peptidases are made in the large intestine.
B. Intestinal epithelial cells absorb more dipeptides and tripeptides than single amino acids.
C. The hepatic artery transports amino acids from the small intestine to the liver.
D. Amino acids leave intestinal epithelial cells and enter the lacteals.
E. Protein digestion starts in the duodenum.
171. Arrange the following events in the correct order: (1) : 1380597