21. According to the American Academy of Pediatricians, how much : 1400853.
21. According to the American Academy of Pediatricians, how much vitamin D should children aged 1 to 8 consume every day?
A. 300 IU
B. 250 IU
C. 500 IU
D. 400 IU
22. Fluid recommendations for young children are based on
C. height for age.
D. hydration status.
23. By what age do most children have adequate eye-hand coordination to allow them to cut food with supervision?
24. What are the kilocalorie needs for a moderately active, 9- to 13-year-old female?
25. What is the best way for parents to encourage children to develop healthy food preferences?
A. discouraging picky eating
B. eating a varied diet themselves
C. not taking children food shopping
D. requiring children to clean their plates
26. A 21-pound child needs about how much fluid per day?
A. 5 cups
B. 6 cups
C. 7 cups
D. 8 cups
27. Treatment goals for overweight children include all of the following except
A. weight loss.
B. weight maintenance.
C. regular physical activity.
D. developing healthful eating habits.
28. Which of the following diseases is now being diagnosed more frequently in children than in the past?
A. cardiovascular disease
B. type 2 diabetes
C. type 1 diabetes
29. According to the CDC, tooth decay affects more than ________ of U.S. children aged 2 to 5.
30. What problem has arisen in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)?
A. The government no longer offers free commodity foods.
B. School lunches are not affordable for low-income students.
C. More school lunch services are taking a fast-food approach to cooking.
D. Students who participate have a worse nutritional profile than those who do not.