21) According to the fossil evidence, which hominin was the : 1380872.
21) According to the fossil evidence, which hominin was the first to leave Africa?
A) Homo neanderthalensis
B) Homo sapiens
C) Homo erectus
D) Homo ergaster
22) Which natural material seems to be the first used by hominins to make tools?
23) Most of hominin evolution occurred in Africa, but there is fossil evidence that members of the genus Homo first migrated out of Africa at least ________ years ago.
A) 1.8 million
B) 3 million
C) 5 million
D) 10 million
24) The cranial capacity for the species Australopithecus afarensis was close to:
A) 450 cubic centimeters.
B) 900 cubic centimeters.
C) 1,400 cubic centimeters.
D) 2,000 cubic centimeters.
25) A significant difference between Neanderthals and modern humans is that Neanderthals:
A) had smaller brains.
B) were taller.
C) were foragers, not “collectors.”
D) used throwing spears.
26) Several lines of evidence, including fossils and a genetic analysis of different groups of modern humans, suggest that our species originated and spread out from:
A) north Africa.
B) east Africa.
C) central Europe.
27) Homo floresiensis is a relatively new find of fossils from:
28) Modern humans (Homo sapiens) coexisted in Europe for thousands of years with which other hominin?
A) Homo erectus
B) Homo neanderthalensis
C) Homo ergaster
D) Homo heidelbergensis
29) Homo erectus was able to migrate great distances from Africa. A good hypothesis for why he was able to do so is that he possessed:
A) a larger brain than Homo sapiens.
B) lower metabolic requirements than ancestors.
C) the ability to walk much like modern humans.
D) tools more advanced than those used by Neanderthals.
21) According to the fossil evidence, which hominin was the : 1380872